Hiya! I know Easter is still a few days away but I wanted to get this post up beforehand. 🙂
This is a look I did today that really reminded me of Easter, and all of the wonderful springy colors that I love. Pops of color on holidays are something that I think makes a fun change. Plus, even if you are going to a fancy place for Easter you will most likely be with family, why not use a bit of color? I would just suggest not to go too over the top.
If your family isn’t crazy about makeup or color…well you could always use this time to REBEL…or just sneak a bit of color on your lower lash line ;P I’m just kidding. Do what makes you comfortable, and what makes you feel beautiful, and special. I’m very fortunate to have a family, boyfriend, and friends that all understand and accept my addiction to makeup. Yet, we live in a world that not everyone is as accepting. 🙁
My Easter Plans
Before I show my look, I figured I would talk a bit about my plans for Easter first. I’m actually pretty excited this year. When I was younger I was totally all about the baskets, and the candy. This year I’m excited to see some of my siblings, hangout, and eat lots of amazing food!
I have a large family, and there are some huge age gaps between some of my siblings and I. For this reason I won’t be spending the holiday with all of my siblings; some of them have their own children to spend Easter with. Though I will be going to a really nice brunch with a lot of fantastic people. My boyfriend, mom, nephew, and two of my sisters will be attending a brunch at a fancy shmancy local restaurant.
My family usually does holidays at home, but for some reason we didn’t feel like cooking and cleaning up afterwards. By going to a brunch this wont be an issue. Another positive about this brunch is that the restaurant we will be going to only uses local ingredients. Being a girl who really recognizes our impacts on the environment, this means a lot to me, and I really do wish there were even more restaurants like this.
Please ignore the bit of skin texture I’ve got going on. I’m a bit dehydrated and my skin is really showing it off today. I need to start pounding the water bad!
I really wanted to use lot of Easter/spring colors for this look. I was so inspired when I did my makeup this morning, and I was super happy with how the look turned out. My boyfriend and mother were also really big fans.
Quick Eye Steps:
- Using a fluffy round crease brush blend Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie into the crease and upper crease. Blend out really well.
- Blend Makeup Geek Cupcake into the crease staying a bit lower. Build up the color a little bit, still blending out really well to get rid of any harsh edges.
- Blend out a little bit of MAC Jest on top of the two Makeup Geek shades to give a bit of shimmer and to brighten the look up.
- Use Make Up For Ever S908 Mauve and blend this out on the outer corner of your eyes in a triangle type motion. It took a bit to build up the color to what I wanted.
- Now switch brushes to a flat shading brush. Apply Make Up For Ever S314 Nile Green on the eyelid. Pack the color on nice and good.
- Now switch back to whatever fluffy crease brush you like and blend out the Mauve shade using the shade Make Up For Ever I918 Lavender. You can also use Makeup Geek Cupcake as well if you feel you need it. I went back and forth between the two to blend out the colors till I got the desired look I wanted.
- Next, switch to a flat definer brush and smoke out your lower lashline with Makeup Geek Preppy and Cupcake.
- Use eyeliner to line your eyes however you wish, along with mascara or falsies, then go about the rest of your makeup! 🙂
Other Products I used:
Lips: Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Mother. I did end up changing my lip color to a MAC lipstick in the shade Faux later on though…because it is my favorite. 🙂
Lashes: KOKO lashes in the style Foxy.
Highlight: Becca x Jaclyn Hill in the shade Champagne Pop.
Blush: Tarte in the shade Beaming.
Contour: Mac Sculpting Powder in the shade Sculpt.
Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow in the Shade Soft Brown.
I hope everyone has a great Easter! If you don’t celebrate Easter, I hope you have a great weekend and that this post inspired you to try out some spring colors, because we don’t get too much time to enjoy them. It feels like spring and summer go by so quickly!
Always stay inspired Lovebirds,