The blogging community is one filled with people willing to help others and just overall kindness. Part of this kindness is the Liebster Award, which is an award passed among newer bloggers in order to help each other get notice. Typically this award is spread among bloggers with 1000 or less followers. I got nominated for this award by an amazing girl named Meaghan. This post may be a bit long but it is a good way to get to know me a bit better as a person, but to keep on topic I am also posting a makeup related post along with this one today. 🙂 I hope you all enjoy this post and check out the blogs that I nominate at the end! 🙂
1. Thank and link the person that nominated you.
2. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator.
4. Nominate 11 other blogs that have 1000 or less followers on their blog.
5. Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Let your nominees know your blog post is up.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I am absolutely obsessed with birds & have a pet bird. She’s spoiled rotten 😉
2. I am like the least athletic person you will ever meet…but my boyfriend is one of the most athletic people. Opposites attract?
3. I have three brothers and four sisters.
4. I genuinely love writing.
5. I have never seen the Lion King.
6. I fell down the stairs, of the stage, at my high school graduation in front of everyone. Maybe I will put the video on YouTube and link it sometime in the future.
7. I am only five foot two and one-quarter. Yes that one-quarter does matter!
8. I’m a germaphobe big time.
9. I hate pancakes.
10. I have no tattoos currently but I am planning one out.
11. I have a fear of mayo…even typing this is a struggle… even the word is nasty…
Questions From Meaghan:
1. Why did you start your blog:
I started my blog for a couple of different reasons. The main reason being that I love makeup and I want to inspire others to branch out when it comes to makeup. I also love writing and I felt that this would be the best medium for me to express myself. The last reason I started my blog is because I’m planning on working behind the scenes in the cosmetics field for my career choice. I plan to get a degree in business/marketing. I felt like starting a blog would be an enriching hobby for me that could also help other people.
2. Who’s your favorite author right now?
To be completely honest…I don’t get much time to read at the moment. Though I do enjoy reading.
3. What’s your biggest goal for 2016?
I have two really big goals for 2016. I want to continue to build up my blog and continue to make it something I’m really proud of. I also want to figure out which college I plan on transferring to soon and get that process completed. 🙂
4. What’s the number 1 place on your travel wish-list?
Oh jeez, one place? I have so many that I can’t decide between. My top places that I want to travel to are Italy, Ireland, and some place super tropical.
5. Have you tried anything new lately?
My boyfriend laughed when he saw this question because recently we tried a different restaurant with a friend. To keep the story short…they both had me try beef trepid which for anyone doesn’t know what that is…it’s the stomach lining of a cow. Still not sure how I feel about it.
6. What languages do you speak?
I speak English…I know tiny bits of French, Latin, and Russian…but I really do mean only TINY bits.
7. How would you describe you own style and also your blog style?
My own style I am still developing clothing wise…so I don’t know how I would describe that yet. Makeup wise it changes all of the time! 🙂 My blog style I would describe as creative but also sophisticated. 🙂
8. Do you like to watch YouTube videos and if so who is your favorite channel to subscribed to?
I do watch YouTube and my favorite channel is Jaclyn Hill’s. She started from absolutely nothing and now look where she is! She’s a great role model for younger girls. Also she’s very modest in her videos with the way she dresses and talks. I like that a lot.
9. Describe yourself in 3 words
Caring, creative, and intelligent.
10. One beauty item/brand you can’t live without?
Max Fix Plus was the first thing that came to mind. I use it every single day and I don’t know what I would do without it.
11. What tips would you give anyone starting a blog?
The main tip I would give is to get a camera that you can take really nice flat lay pictures with. Picture quality is important for blogs. 🙂
11 Questions for my nominees:
1. How did you come up with your blog name?
2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
3. What is your all time favorite lipstick?
4. What type of camera do you use to take your pictures?
5. What movie best describes your life?
6. Favorite song at the moment?
7. Favorite place to buy makeup from?
8. Favorite Instagram profile?
9. Biggest pet peeve?
10. What are your tips for new bloggers or those thinking about starting a blog?
11. Gold, rose gold, or silver jewelry?
Blogs I’m Nominating
In no particular order these are the blogs I am nominating. I really like all of these blogs, I went by bloglovin follower numbers because I figured that was the best way to do it. These girls have gorgeous blogs with lots of personality. Check them out! (:
I know this was a long post and for those that made it this far, I hope you enjoyed it! Another makeup post is coming shortly! 😉